The Construction Equipment Association (CEA) is the trade association that represents the UK construction equipment sector – and is recognised by HM Government as the voice of our industry.
We are represented in Brussels – as active members of the Committee for European Construction Equipment (CECE) – and our influence is felt worldwide through our technical, regulatory and international trade work.
Categories of membership include:
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) with UK production facilities.
- Overseas OEMs with UK offices.
- Component and accessory suppliers.
- Trade publishers.
- Specialist service providers.
- Equipment distributors.
- International companies (non-UK based).
Facts and Figures
The UK’s Construction Equipment Sector
|Total revenue||> £11 Bn (£8.5 Bn 2004)|
|Total employment||> 40,000|
|Investment in R&D||> £200m pa|
|UK machine production||> 50,000 units|
|GVA||> £2 Bn|
|Export share of production||> 60%|
|Number of companies||> 1,500|
|World ranking (machines)||5|
As at 2014 – source KGP (www.kgpauto.com)