21-24 October 2015
The CEA is pleased to announce that it will be running a UK Pavilion at the new Conexpo Latin America exhibition held in Santiago, Chile in October 2015. As the BRIC countries fall from favour the Pacific Alliance countries of Latin America, centred on Chile are rapidly developing. The CEA UK Pavilion featured fully fitted turnkey shell scheme stands in a prime location at the show. Space is very limited as the show will be a sell-out, so book now to avoid disappointment. Additionally we have a limited number of UKTI grants of £2,000 per eligible company – these will be offered on a first come first served basis to companies booking stands in the UK Pavilion.
Why Conexpo Latin America? The owners and organizers of the world-renowned construction equipment trade show, CONEXPO-CON/AGG in Las Vegas, are bringing their 100 years of experience to the Southern Hemisphere. This exciting new event launches in October 21-24, 2015 in beautiful Santiago, Chile.
CONEXPO Latin America is aimed at professionals in Latin America involved in all segments of the construction industry, including contractors from large to small businesses, materials producers, government agencies, manufacturers, and service providers. The show will offer a wide range of the latest construction-related equipment, products, technologies, and services for Latin America from international and regional companies.
CONEXPO Latin America will be co-located with two other shows, Edifica and ExpoHormigón. These events have over 1,000 exhibiting companies and approximately 35,000 attendees, including engineers, architects, interior designers, project planners, contractors, and other industry professionals.
Edifica will display materials and fixtures for finishing residential and commercial building projects, while ExpoHormigón will showcase a wide variety of building materials, especially mortars and concrete.
Espacio Riesco is the newest and largest convention centre in Chile. It is located just 20 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the major hotels in eastern Santiago. Venue address: Espacio Riesco, Av. El Salto 5.000 Huechuraba.
CONEXPO Latin America and KHL Group partner on road building conference
A prestigious Latin American Road Building Conference is set for the day prior to show opening – October 20, 2015. CONEXPO Latin America is partnering with KHL Group and its magazine Construction Latin America on the event, which targets contractors, equipment buyers and suppliers in the region. The conference will examine road building technology, trends in road investment, and case studies of major ongoing projects. The conference is organized by KHL Group with CONEXPO Latin America as the exclusive conference partner. The conference will take place at the Grand Hyatt Santiago hotel, located between the Vitacura and Las Condes districts of Santiago, and a 10-minute taxi ride to the Espacio Riesco exhibition centre, the venue for CONEXPO Latin America.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE: In November the Government announced investments for US$4,100 million in 14 projects. For further info click here.
- PORTS: There are projects for US$1.2 billion until 2016.
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE: According to the Chilean Construction Chamber if Chile wants to maintain its competitiveness and allow people to get access to infrastructure’s services according to a country that has an income per capita per year close to US$20,000 is required for the period 2014-2018 a total investment of US$58,115 million.
- CONCESSIONS: Between 2014 and 2020 the Public Works Minister will concession 25 projects for US$4,527 million.
- MINING: According to the Copper Chilean Commission (Cochilco) between 2015 and 2023 there are projects for US$105 billion. Almost 80% of it is on copper projects. Chile offers numerous opportunities for the UK across the whole mining life cycle; including mine and infrastructure construction, development, operation, operator safety, beneficiation and material handling.
Why Latin America?
- The Latin America construction industry is forecasted to double between 2013 and 2022, totalling US $47.4bn.
- Total capital investment has grown 26% in Latin America since 2008.
- Latin America currently has US $195.72 billion invested in construction projects and another US $211.57 billion in pre-tender projects coming down the pipeline.
If you would like to exhibit on the UK Pavilion please study the CEA prospectus and complete the application forms, along with the UKTI grant application (if applicable) and return to the Project Manager, Gill Stirk, email@example.com with your 50% deposit as soon as possible.