Three UAE Sector Focussed Webinars on the 7th, 8th, 9th December 2020 – Register Now
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is the UK’s largest export market in the Middle East, with £12.1 billion in UK exports during 2019. With substantial plans for UAE infrastructure development and demand for UK expertise, this market presents rich exporting opportunities for British businesses.
In conjunction with other UK regions, and in partnership with the British Centre for Business Dubai (BCB), The Department for International Trade (DIT) welcomes you to join this Midlands Engine virtual mission to gain a guided insight into the construction sector in the UAE.
The BCB is the official contracted partner of DIT to support UK companies to develop exports to the UAE and wider Middle East market. The BCB provides market entry support from market research and assessment to business partner match-making and client identification.
What Are the Benefits?
Attending companies will benefit from:
- 3 UAE Sector Focussed Webinars on the 7th, 8th, 9th December 2020
- Pitching training session – to build skills for virtual pitching activity (January 2021)
- Production of a company profile for each participating company in advance to facilitate business matching to send to British Centre for Business, UAE
- Potential inclusion in:
- Virtual group matchmaking – dependant on suitability of product/service for companies interested in a specific contractor/project. 3 to 5 companies with non-competing products/services to pitch to a buyer
- Follow-on 1-2-1 ‘meetings’ with DIT and local partner support – Where there is mutual agreement between the buyer and the participating company, the BCB will organise a follow-on meeting to strengthen interest in the company’s offering.
- Pre and post-mission support by an experienced ITA.
The main mission will take place in early 2021
Opportunities & Consideration in the UAE’s Construction Sector
7 December 2020, 11:30 – 12:30 GMT
If you are looking to reposition your business in the changing COVID-19 landscape, this free webinar will provide an overview of the utility sector market within the UAE and how your business can benefit from working alongside this lucrative export market.
Regulatory & Procurement Practices in the UAE Market
8 December 2020, 11:30 – 12:30 GMT
This webinar will provide an understanding of the compliance and regulatory requirements, including certifications, inspections and approvals, that UK companies must adhere to when looking to grow in the UAE.
Influence of UKEF projects in the current economic condition.
9 December 2020, 11:30 – 12:30 GMT
This webinar will provide an overview of UK Export Finance (UKEF) projects and their impact on the current UAE economic market conditions. Hear from our industry experts on how these funded projects are executed and where your UK business can support supply chain requirements.
Photo courtesy of Wikimedia