Expressions of interest (EOI) for contractors for a proposed iron ore mine in Western Australia.
An Australian company is in study phase for an iron ore project in Western Australia. It’s seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified contractors to gain an understanding of the capacity and capability of available contractors for the proposed project.
The establishment of mining operations and construction of associated infrastructure is required with a processing capacity of up to 80 million tonnes per annum.
The project will need:
– primary crushing facilities
– overland conveyors
– coarse ore stockpile and ore handling plant infrastructure
– advanced mine de-watering in accordance with the mine plan
– installation of supporting non-process infrastructure (eg power lines, access roads) to support the new mining areas
– expansion of existing non-processing infrastructure and industrial facilities to support production
Preliminary enabling works will commence in 2017 with a final investment decision in early 2018.
The main construction and commissioning works will take place between 2018 and 2021.
The approximate project value (CAPEX) is greater than AUD$2 billion.
Apply for more information from the Department for International Trade team in Australia. Deadline 30th June 2017