CESAR – Anti-Plant Theft Programme
The CEA is the owner of the CESAR anti-plant theft scheme – the most successful programme of its kind in Europe. It was initiated in 2008, with the support of the Home Office, to tackle an estimated £400 million theft problem.
Today CESAR sits at the heart of a crime reduction programme which means that registered plant is six times less likely to go missing and four times more likely to be recovered if stolen. CESAR has also been extended to cover agricultural plant with the support of the Agricultural Engineers Association (AEA).
CESAR comprises a database of vital information on individual machines – and covert and overt marking (the well-recognised “CESAR triangle”) – and also supports a dedicated police unit to co-ordinate national proactive policing. The scheme is operated on behalf of the CEA by Datatag ID Ltd, leaders in security marking and registration who are now promoting the programme worldwide. CESAR also has the full support of leading insurers.
CEA members receive discounts on all CESAR products – “helping your customers in the fight against crime”.
Visit the CESAR website at www.cesarscheme.org.
The Construction and Agricultural Equipment Security and Registration Scheme is promoted by the Construction Equipment Association (CEA) and supported by the Agricultural Engineers Association (AEA), powered by Datatag ID technology and accredited and supported by a wide range of organisations. The scheme is designed to deter theft and make the recovery of stolen plant more certain. CEA members qualify for special discounts on CESAR kits. CESAR is a voluntary scheme and manufacturers can elect to fit the CESAR kit as standard or as an option for their customers. Alternatively, they may nominate their approved distributors to undertake the fitting on new equipment and that already in operation. CESAR is a proven deterrent against theft as thieves immediately recognise the distinctive triangular registration plate. CESAR is now the most successful scheme of its type anywhere in the world with over 120,000 registered machines.
CESAR has many benefits for the owners and operators of equipment:
- Reduced risk of theft
- Improved safety for staff
- Reduced risk of disruption to workflow
- Lower insurance premium discounts
CESAR benefits equipment manufacturers:
- Their customer benefits from the above
- Manufacturers demonstrate their concern for the industry and society
- Reduced risk of machines being illegally exported to territories where they’ll not supported or where they don’t meet homologation requirements
CESAR benefits equipment finance companies:
- Lower risk of equipment theft
- Customers less at risk of additional costs
- Wholesale financing stock checks (improved asset management)
CESAR benefits insurance companies:
- Risk of theft reduced and hence lower costs
- Improved rate of recovery of stolen machine
- Good return on investment
- Insurers are able to lower premiums and reward manufacturers and customers who fit CESAR
For all the latest CESAR information visit www.cesarscheme.org.